Friday, 14 February 2014

VIEWS FROM MY SICK BED…

‘Challey dis slogan isn’t catchy enough but  I dnt wona be the one deciding that so pls consult ur guys n let’s see if we can get something better’ , I told him. Two days after he returned to tell me, ‘boss I think I’llstill go with that ooh. The team seems to like it’. I shook my head n said, Aaaah well. Then so it is. After all what is in a slogan? I heard church leaders tell us the year before that a certain Edmond Kombat whom they knew as a devoted Christian might incur the wrath of God and Christians on campus forgoing with ‘Ur Mind 4 Dey’. In the end we broke all electoral records in dat year’s elections. Hehehehehe, funny isn’t it? Did the Christians the men of God referred to vote on Election Day? Even their God they spoke for, was He on leave on Election Day? I leave those preachers to Dr Tony Aidoo. hehehe lol. Fast forward, we worked with the slogan my brother chose. I knew Edem’s dedication and humility was ‘whatz  gona’ do the trick, NOT some slogan. I have never believed in slogans in electioneering as a matter of principle. I always plan, execute n take the consequences in good faith. That dedication and humility, he has more than proved over this short period of official recklessness and insensitivity.
 Eric Edem Agbana, made sure I didn’t enjoy the later part of my vac. The night we prepared the petition to parliament was when I saw how dedicated we can be as a people. Whiles ‘sleeptyping’, I sternly watched how tired Sandra was (she was discharged from the hospital a day earlier), I wonder how Prosper got his brains sharp at that time of the day,how Horlali punched holes in our points before we took them out was amazing, and oh my God how can I forget Duke? Mr. President, I respected u more that night.U see why I told u JCR prez is too small for u? The Grasag team led by Ernest was also on point with their contribution. P Kay’s pure water that night reminded me that Socialism lives on. lol Kwame raised the most important point of the night. Edjabeng did more than what a Chief of staff should do. Sir Alex Biney was fantastic with his contribution, Great Nanigbe will be proud of you. Hehehe. Juliet, Joshua, Dorothy n the rest whose names I don’t even know, kudos for your good work! After the coalition of all views and the submission of all sheets of papers to me, I nearly wept when Edem told me. ‘Nii I beg can we continue dis morrow? I can’t even think straight, I no bed since yesterday ooh.’ I told him my brother dnt worry, I’l go home  (it was approximately 2:13 am by my Indian watch, thx to Mary Nkrumah). Why not sleep on campus Nii, Mustafa asked? I told him don’t worry, I’ll return by 8am so we finish this paper and submit it to parliament before 11am. The above simply depicts what happened in just a night out of the over four weeks of to and fro jostling and meetings. Above all I thank God we achieved ALL the reliefs we sought. If for nothing at all our we succeeded in reminding our ‘honourable MPs’ that we queued in the scorching sun to offer them employment not only to go play politics with every issue in the house, but to be responsible when it comes to our socio economic welfare. Funny enough the idea of petitioning parliament was first mooted by Micheal, and we all brushed it off because we had absolutely no hope in our own parliament, can U imagine? Anyway, me I know where Mike had his inspiration from; I’ll send my appreciation personally to her later.
 In the minds of perpetual critics and insatiable cowards nothing is enough. Forgetting that, we could probably have achieved a little more if they had come on board to chip in one contribution or the other. Anyway some say facebook activism is also activism,lol. Even though comments I read from some of this latter day all knowing saints make me cry within. A lot of ignorance is released under the guise of articles and status updates. To those people go ask Biano why he once said ‘I pray everyone lead one day’. The least we can support our leaders with is appreciation, and that doesn’t include praising them. It’s a matter of conviction and responsibility.
  Whiles this was all ongoing, I paused to attempt to understand what spurred Mustafa on. The haste with which he agreed to sign up to the lawsuit was surprising.  He agreed at a time we had not even decided on which portion of our ‘truck load’ of problems we should send to court. Mustafa you have proven that u feel for the ordinary man even though you are not as ordinary as my wretched self. I run out of steam n broke down along the line but K rich, Mustafa n the rest of the team still worked on.  Honestly, I thought this level of dedication ended when Edmond handed over. I was wrong, but hey guys, if we continue with this attitude we can make this country a paradise.  I will release my views on the case, and Hon Agyarko’s reception in parliament later for obvious reasons. I will in that piece give an account of what I know about the loan and how untruthful those who are supposed to train us to be responsible citizens one day have been. I will end that by providing basic guidelines I think future student leaders who want to make a mark MUST live by. I mean student leaders NOT student politicians oh. Because funny enough, the University Management thrives on one simple si ne quanon for the perpetration of such policies, and that is a confused student front (Das All – in the voice of Samini in Adult Music).For now the two students in court deserve our support. It was NOT an easy decision. Aaaba! I just realized I was talking aboutslogans, hmm asem oh! Anyway my views on slogans in elections have beentwitched a little bit. The ‘GET VIM GET INVOLVED’ slogan has become clearer tome now. It has bred a host of selfless Advocates who would not sit down unconcernedfor injustice to thrive no matter the circumstance. Individuals who researchand provide VIABLE alternatives. Not noise makers and reckless rubble rousers.After all noisemaking ALWAYS yield nothing. I will start my article soon, allyou’ve been reading is my heading, and don’t dare say Tweaaa cus u no be my coequal!  Anyway, I shall return
Nii Boi

No comments:

Post a Comment